Monday, February 14, 2011

 
Happy Valentine's Day!
I don't know about you, but I'm a huge sap when it comes to V-day.  While I certainly don't expect champagne and chocolate covered strawberries (though that sounds pretty great right about now), I do like receiving flowers and going out to eat.  My husband isn't much of a flower-giver (there's a long cat-related story involved, which I can share another time), so when he came home on Saturday night with a giant bouquet of 4 dozen roses, I was floored!  You would have thought he had just won some sort of pageant. There was a mix of red and white roses all tied up with pretty paper and a pink bow.  He scored some major points for that effort!   

I had to divide up all the flowers because I don't have a container large enough for 48 long-stem roses.   I definitely need a lesson in flower arranging.  Thankfully the flowers alone are gorgeous; they look really lovely in the different rooms of the house:
   
red & white in the dining room

white in the guest room
red on the bookcase in the living room
Tonight we're going out for dinner at Red Lentil in Watertown.  We're really lucky to have such a fantastic vegetarian restaurant within walking distance from where we live.  There is a special Valentine's menu tonight, which includes vegetable samosas - YUM!  I'm ready for dinner now.  


Yesterday's trip to the Cabin Fever craft show was fun.  We didn't end up spending as much time as we usually do but it was great to see some of our favorite crafts-folk.  I decided on a custom necklace from AG Ambroult.  I'm going to have my initials - ARC- on a necklace like this one:

I'm excited to see how it turns out!  I will let you know, of course. 

In other news, two of my new party sets and one of my trays were all featured in Etsy treasuries over the weekend!  I'm excited about that, too.  Slowly but surely, I'm getting some visibility... :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment