Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Golden Gate Bridge - 75 years old!

JetBlue was having an amazing sale a couple months ago that I couldn't resist: $300 round-trip from Boston to San Fran for Memorial Day weekend.  How could I say no?  See, I couldn't.  My fun friend from Chicago, Heather, and I had been talking about wanting to go there and this was the perfect opportunity.  Unfortunately JetBlue didn't have a deal for her, but she found an even cheaper flight through United.  Yay!

So, last weekend we spent 3.5 days in the lovely Bay Area.  I have to say, I can't wait to go back!  Here are some photos of the fab places we visited.  Don't worry, I'll share more...

Golden Gate Bridge... the building at the base is featured in Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo, in the scene where Kim Novak throws herself into the water, hoping to drown.  Fun!  We also saw the building that served as Jimmy Stewart's apartment, on Lombard St.  Pretty neat-o.

We treated ourselves to a day in Napa & Sonoma, complete with our own driver.  This vineyard was our first stop.  We highly recommend the wines from here.  Delish!

Scenic wine country

Amazingly giant redwoods in Muir Woods.  We couldn't get over how fresh and clean the air smelled here.  The scent should definitely be bottled.

Standing in the base of a redwood.  So huge!

Fisherman's Wharf

On a cable car, not to be confused with a trolley car

Golden Gate at sunset - waiting for the birthday fireworks to start

No comments:

Post a Comment