Thursday, March 31, 2011

Craft Fair Preparation

Tonight, from 7-9, I have my very first craft show at the Sandy Burr Country Club in Wayland, MA.  I've been working on new pieces, trying to make sure I have enough stock for the masses of women who will be attending this "Pamper Yourself" event.  Beside crafts, there will also be chair massages and manicures available.

Since this is my first show, how do I figure out how much of which stuff to stock?  Very good question!  My Etsy site is still in the "taking off" stage, so I can't judge based on that.  A friend who used to do craft shows suggested I focus on less expensive items.  I took that advice and made some extra soy bowls and dishes ($10.)  I also made a couple more expensive items (nesting bowls for $60) just in case anyone is on a shopping bender. Perhaps Lady Luck will smile upon me.


Regardless, this event's being two hours will give me a slight clue about my next craft show.  What sells, what doesn't.  What's picked up and what's put down.  I think if I were to start out at an all-day affair, I might be overwhelmed... maybe....?  Who knows.

I'm nervous, excited, anxious, and ready to get this thing started!  It's quarter-end in real life and I need to focus on my day job.  During the day.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing crazy happens at 5:00, precluding me from getting to the country club in time to set up.  I won't dwell on that that... why am I even thinking those thoughts?!  Everything will be fine.  I'm equipping my booth with two bowls of foil-wrapped Easter candy.  Hopefully their chocolate shininess will attract eager shoppers who like pottery.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment